How do our products Quality Fast Foods products have such a long refrigerator shelf life? It’s all thanks to our trademarked Controlled Atmosphere packaging, or Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP).
Our MAP technology was developed in collaboration with the Alberta Department of Agriculture in 1980. Our goal? Maximize the refrigerator shelf life of our products without compromising on quality or using additives.
Typical refrigerator shelf life of fresh sandwiches is just 5 days from production. However, by modifying the atmosphere around the product and inside the packaging using our MAP technology, our sandwiches stay fresh for 9x longer–up to 45 days.
What does that mean for your business? Here are a few of the key benefits:
- Reduction in shrink losses due to increased shelf life
- Decrease in distribution costs – our products can travel longer distribution distances and require less frequent deliveries
- Lower risk of product contamination due to the strong MAP packaging
- Reduced packaging costs and environmental impact as compared to traditional clamshell packaging
- Meets growing consumer expectations of fresh products with minimal processing and extended shelf life
On top of all of that, our facilities are the cleanest and safest you will find. We are SQF certified, our plant is federally inspected and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) approved, and the Quality Fast Foods brand is DOT USDA approved. Every single item that leaves our certified plant is food safe and ready to be enjoyed by consumers.
Whether you’re running a retail supermarket, a food service, a club store, convenience stores, or need custom manufacturing, our products and MAP packaging can fit your needs. Our quality products provide great value and great margin—and that’s what keeps our customers coming back.
Interested in learning more about our products and distribution options?
Reach out to us today